The Thompson lab is focused on using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to understand the brain’s function, in particular brain metabolism and effects of metabotropic receptors.
1. Bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors: Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, or similar.
2. Master’s degree or PhD is preferred.
3. Experience in MRI, preclinical animal imaging preferred.
4. Experience with animal anesthesia induction and maintenance preferred.
5. Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Chinese.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Gas, subcutaneous, and intraperitoneal anesthesia induction in rats and mice.
2. MRI safety examination for normal, healthy human subjects.
3. Fixation and positioning of animal or human subjects in MRI.
4. Running MRI sequences as instructed.
5. Making orders of equipment and reagents.
6. Providing organizational support to coordinate experiments of researchers within the lab.
7. Training other lab personnel on animal anesthesia, MRI safety, and other MRI procedures.
8. A few other minor tasks, such as English‐Chinese translations.
Please e‐mail a recent English language CV and two letters of reference directly to gthompson@@shanghaitech.edu.cn